Smart & Skilled program29 August 2021 2021-09-09 1:00
Smart & Skilled program
What is SMART AND SKILLED
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) system. It's helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
To be considered for the subsidised security training course, you must meet one of the following ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- Aged between 17 and 24 years of age
- Be in receipt of Centrelink Payments
- Expecting to become unemployed in the near future
- Be a resident of NSW
- Be an Australian or NZ Citizen
- Be a Permanent Resident
a) living or working in NSW and
b) an Australian/NZ citizen or permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder
DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE TO PROVE ELIGIBILITY
You will need to provide proof of your eligibility for funded training, such as:
- Pensioner Card
- Income statement from Centrelink
- NSW Driver’s Licence or NSW Photo ID Card
- Australian/NZ Passport
- Copy of your Visa category
- Evidence of Centrelink payments
- Evidence of employment termination or redundancy
Bring original Certificates of Qualifications you have achieved previously.
Enrolment in Courses conducted by NSW Smart and Skilled
After meeting the eligibility criteria, all students enrolling in Smart and Skilled must attend a Pre-Enrolment Session and a formal Interview. At this session, students will be asked to commence the enrolment process. This will include providing all information and documents relating to the enrolment procedure.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
BEFORE YOU ENROL
The following documents give you further important information about your study SECTA Pty Ltd under Skilling for Recovery (part of the NSW Smart & Skilled program) including privacy, consumer protection information, deferral or discontinuance of training, students’ rights and obligations, access to support and assistance and contact details for various support services.
- Smart & Skilled Student Information Handbook
- Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Job Prospects & Career Pathways
- Evidence of Student Eligibility and Student Declaration