Security Officer Course1 February 2020 2020-11-20 3:44
Security Officer Course
PROCESS OF OBTAINING A NSW 1A/C SECURITY LICENCE (CERTIFICATE II)
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have full Australian work rights.
- You MUST hold a current HLTAID003 Provide first aid certificate (7 Days Prior to Starting a Security Course).
- You will need to provide your 100 points of Identification.
- You must have had NO criminal convictions and NO non convictions in the past 10 years
- Availability to attend the 15 Day security course.
- Must successfully complete the SLED Mandated Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment.
- You must provide 100 points of Identification on Enrolment.
- You MUST has a USI (Unique Student Identifier Number) before enrolling.
Course Process and Completion
- Attend the course for 15 Days.
Complete an online program and workbook.
- Once you have successfully completed the course, apply for your NSW security licence.
- Register with Jobpedal and find your job quickly.
literacy and numeracy assessment
Get ahead with the enrolment process by doing our sample assesment.
Succeed with Secta Training
Documents for 100 points
70 point documents
The following documents are assigned 70 points each and are called primary documents.
- Birth certificate.
- Birth card issued by a State registry of births, deaths and marriages, such as the NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.
- Citizenship certificate.
- Current Australian or foreign passport.
- Expired Australian passport which has not been cancelled and was current within the preceding two years
40 point Documents
- Current driver photo licence issued by an Australian state or territory
- Current identification card issued by an Australian state or territory, such as the NSW Photo Card.
- You must hold a valid NSW Drivers Licence, Photo ID Card or Customer Service Number from NSW Roads & Maritime Services.
How to obtain HLTAID003 first aid certificate?
If you do not hold this qualification, please book into one of SECTA’s First Aid courses which are conducted regularly on Saturdays and Sundays before commencing your security training. Return to the home page and Click on Courses – First Aid.
Course Duration and Method of Delivery
The course will be conducted over 15 days face to face from 8.00am to 5.00pm each day including a 1 hour break – Monday to Friday for 3 weeks and the Monday to Thursday on the third week. In addition, all students will be required to undergo self-paced learning both before and during the course.
The 13 Units of Competency for CPP20218 have been grouped into 4 Clusters. It is expected that you attend and complete all sessions for the 4 clusters listed below.
CPPSEC2102 – Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
CPPSEC2103 – Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
CPPSEC2104 – Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations
CPPSEC2107 – Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
CPPSEC2109 – Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
CPPSEC2108 – Screen people, personal effects and items to maintain security
CPPSEC2106 – Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
CPPSEC2101 – Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
CPPSEC2110 – Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security
CPPSEC2111 – Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
CPPSEC2112 – Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
CPPSEC2113 – Escort and protect persons and valuables
CPPSEC2105 – Provide quality services to a range of security clients
What to Wear to the Course
You must attend the course in neat, clean and tidy clothing. There will be many simulation assessments whereby you are expected to dress as a professional security officer and will be assessed as such.
Personal hygiene is very important when you are working in a group environment for any period of time. Please ensure that you use deodorant each day.
You must attend all classes in enclosed footwear – ladies included.
What VISA types are eligible?
You must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen or hold a Visa that entitles you to full work rights in Australia (persons on Student or Holiday Visa are not permitted to undergo security training)
Course fee is $1150.00. Full payment will be required at the completion of the Enrolment Process.
Note: There are no discounts available for this course.If you need payment options please discuss this with the SECTA management.
SECTA Training Rooms
Level 1/44 South Street GRANVILLE (3 mins walk from Granville Station – above the LJ Hooker Building)
How do I get a job?
SECTA can assist you with employment through the FREE Job Agency. During the course you will be offered the opportunity of undergoing a Video Job Interview which is then made available to over 600 security companies that use the SECTA Job Agency. The jobs available through this agency include mobile and static work, crowd control duties, airport and retail security, marine security, concierge work as well as schools and hospitals.